Friday, January 25, 2013

Hilary In The Hot Seat.

    I hate to sound like a political skeptic but if the recent Congressional hearings that supposedly had Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, in the political hot seat were supposed to answer any and all remaining questions as far as what really happened as far as Benghazi, was concerned,  they didn't. I have to admit however, I was neither surprised or disappointed by the hearings. One might say,  I got pretty much what I expected. I expected nothing and  no real questions,  were answered, that's what I expected and that's what I got! I'm glad I not not anticipate the hearings with any kind of great expectations.  I would have been disappointed because the hearings were a lot of things but great wasn't one of the them and neither was answer filled.The American people,  may never really know what happened the night of September 11. 2012 in Benghazi. I won't hold my breath waiting for real complete answers.
    I thought Secretary Clinton,  would really have to answer tough questions on Benghazi, but much of the hearings were devoted to fawning all over Secretary Clinton.The way the Democrats,  in the Senate kept thanking her for her outstanding service as Secretary of State one would have thought she was being considered for sainthood by the Catholic Church. I  was was impressed by Republican Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, and I think the Senator Paul,  was correct to hold Secretary Clinton,  responsible for not responding to Ambassador Stevens cables from Benghazi,  and I believe a case could be made that if she had read those cables and acted swiftly and responsibly and sent extra security forces when Ambassador Stevens, first asked for them he and three other brave Americans,  would still be alive. I am left to conclude that she either did not read them or she read them but chose to ignore them in ether case,  four Brave Americans, are dead and I too have to say if I were President, I just as Senator Paul said,  would have relived her of her post
    When Republican Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson,  asked why the question as to whether  the attack on Benghazi, was a protest that got  out of hand or an all out terrorist attack was not determined and kept from the press and public  until weeks after the fact when the evidence clearly suggested the White House,  knew the truth almost immediately that this act was indeed an act of terror Secretary Clinton,  basically said,   at this point what difference does it make what kind of attack it was? I suppose in a strange sense she is correct , no matter what kind of attack was conducted on Benghazi,  the fact remains,   one American Ambassador and three other brave Americans,  are dead but here is the difference that it makes If  Secretary Clinton along with the White House and the President,  would have went public and called this event the terror attack that it was ans sent appropriate military forces to deal with it right away one Brave Ambassador and three other Americans might not be dead! I wonder if the parents of these four dead Americans,  are satisfied with Secretary Clinton's attitude and answers on Benghazi? I know I for one am not and I bet they aren't  either. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment