Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Price Of Telling The Truth.

    I will admit that I wasn't surprised when I heard on the news that Lawrence O"Donnell  a commentator on MS NBC declared that the Bible should be in his words, gotten rid of and suggested that should not be used in Obama's up coming presidential inauguration. He said that he felt this way because no one in America today believes that the entire Bible is the word of God. I noticed that Mr. O'Donnell, did not ask me and as a Christian, I will tell you that I do believe that the entire Bible is the Holy Spirit inspired word of God. I am far from perfect but as a Christian I do try to follow the teachings of Christ and the Christian principals of the Bible.
    It seems that Mr O'Donnell, understands why pastor Louie Giglio, was banned from the presidential inauguration and approves of this but he is upset because since he believes that the Bible is a long out dated book because in his view it is not tolerant regarding homosexuality. Mr O'Donnell, may not like it but the Bible does say in Leviticus 18:22 that under Jewish law in the Old testament, the practice of homosexuality or Sodomy a word we derive the the Old Testament city of Sodom and Gomorrah is an abomination a word that means abhorrent in the sight of God.. The reason, that homosexuals are not burned at the state or stoned today is because when Christ died  on the Cross he paid the penalty for the sins of all man kind his life on earth fulfilled the law and now his mankind is under an age of grace. I suspect that's a good thing for I find as a Christian, I need a lot of God's grace to cope with those who oppose the Bible.
    Pastor Giglio, spoke preached the truth according to the Bible as a pastor he if he claims to believe the Bible, as I  and many others in this nation do,  he can not rewrite it to suit those of a more liberal view though I will admit there are those who have certainly tried to rewrite the Bible. Pastor Giglio, spoke the truth and it cost him the opportunity to speak at the presidential inauguration but that is a relatively, small price to pay considering that many others have paid with there lives to speak the truth of the Bible. regarding homosexuality,  to quote Ruth Graham, the daughter of evangelist  Billy Graham," If God, does not judge America, he will have apologize  to Sodom and Gomorrah.' Lawrence  O'Donnell, may not choose to believe  that the Bible, is the word of God, but as a Christian, I know that  what he believes does not make the truth of the Bible any less true. It is ironic, that his show is called The Last Word. I have some news for Mr O'Donnell, the Bible is the word of God and when God finally decides to judge man kind on his day of judgement it is God will will the last word regarding Mr O'Donnell,and you can count on it! As Always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment