Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Lesson From Newtown.

    As I watched the the news  four days ago and I along with millions of others, saw the horrific tragedy that occurred in Newtown Connecticut unfold, I must tell you,  even though I am a Christian,  who loves and tries his best to obey God and live my life in accordance to his will, I found myself virtually unable to understand what good could come from such a terrible act of pure evil. I confess, I am still seeking the answer to that question and I do not know, if I will ever find it. Lately, I find my self hugging my daughter Cassandra, for know particular reason and telling her over and over again how much I love her. At night some times, I sit by her bed just to watch her sleep. Suddenly, the words I love you daddy, are the sweetest words I've ever heard.Suddenly, I find I don't care if my daughter wants pizza at every meal because I'm just glad she is there at the table with me to eat it.It suddenly seems like a wonderful idea, to stop what ever I may be doing and be part of whatever my daughter may be doing even if that means getting my nails painted pink that seems a small price to pay to see my daughter smile.I find that I want nothing for Christmas,  accept the blessing of hearing her joyful contagious laughter forever.
    The truth is,  maybe now for the first time I realize, just how much I love my daughter and just how often I allow my self to get busy doing nothing that really matters and in a sense push her aside and take her unconditional love for granted that I assure you is one mistake I will never make again.I now realize that the blessing of my daughters love that I in my pathetic ignorance so often take for granted could in an instant be only a memory.I know that no matter how much time may pass, the people living in Newtown Connecticut, will never be the same and 20 parents will never hear the laughter of there children again until they see them in Heaven. Perhaps if I have learned that My daughter and her constant love for me is the greatest blessing God,  could ever give to me and nothing I could ever own will be worth  just one hug from her and nothing I may have to do will ever be more important than hearing what my daughter did each day then perhaps, some good can come from the lesson  I've learned from Newtown.. God,  help me to always remember how precious all life is and strive to be the best father I can be to my precious daughter.As always, my friends, these thoughts  remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment