Friday, December 7, 2012

Is America, Still One Nation Under God?

    My father,  fought in World War Two sadly, he passed away four years ago after losing a long battle with cancer. I can still remember some of the stories he told me concerning his experiences in WWII. One day I was curious so I ask my dad if he remembered just where he was when he first heard that Japan,  had attacked Peal Harbor. As one might imagine my dad,  remembered exactly where he was. He was sitting in his one room school house and everyone was intently listening to the radio.As the teacher and students listened, President Roosevelt said   those now immortal words about Pearl Harbor, being a day that would live in infamy. At the request of his mother he waited until he graduated from high school before he enlisted in the Navy. My dad was always proud to say he had fought for his country because he believed in everything he thought America stood for.
    In 1954 President Eisenhower, had the words under God,  added to the pledge of allegiance. He did this to offer thanks to God,  for helping America,  win WWII. I must confess however, sometimes, I wonder if Eisenhower,  or my dad would even recognize America today. I wonder if America, is still one nation under God. Here is what I mean. Let's consider the words one nation technically America,  is still one nation I suppose but morally and culturally speaking she has never been more divided.while there are still some, who adhere to traditional values in this country  an ever increasing number of progressive liberals seek to abolish traditional values in America,  in favor of a  more secular culture similar to Europe. One can hardly mention God, in any kind of a public setting. The very act of praying is all but forbidden in any type of public forum. If one should doubt this,I would challenge them to attempt to pray before a class in a public school. I would challenge any graduate to mention God,  in their valedictorian speech. Indeed prayer and the Bible,  were basically removed from the public school system in 1962. Abortion,  has been legal since 73 and that law has led to the murder of over 70 million unborn babies. Gay marriage,  is legal in several states now. and the whole definition of what a family is now is totally,  unclear.and smoking marijuana,  is legal in Colorado and Washington State and and it can be smoked for medical reasons in California and any reason given can be considered a medical reason. Obama care,  threatens the elderly, if a board of strangers  decides,  it's just two expensive to them alive. Finally,  you can't even call a Christmas tree,  a Christmas tree The liberal progressives want to keep Christ out  of of Christmas and the seek to kick God,  out of this nation. The said truth may be that God,  has already left. America, still a nation under God? I don't know my dad would not recognize the nation today. Sometimes, I think if America,  is a nation under God, it is in name only. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment