Thursday, December 13, 2012

Getting Ready To Do Without.

    Last night,  my wife and I were sitting around our kitchen table. Like many others in this country right now we found ourselves wondering what 2013 will be like economically speaking,  if no deal is achieved between the House and the Senate and as a result the nation is plunged into economic free fall.I suggested to my wife that perhaps we had better get ready to do without and learn to live on less since I was pretty sure her take home pay would be less than we were accustomed to if all the tax increases go into immediate affect the morning of January 1, 2013.She asked me how we could do this since that was what we were supposedly doing now. I told her I didn't know but we should probably start by cutting our budget right now so we could be used to what our life could be like at the first of the year.My wife and I decided that we would cut back to just two meals a day and the money we would have spent on that meal to go into our new emergency savings fund. My daughter Cassandra, will continue to eat all three meals because the Christian school she is blessed to attend provides a lunch for her.
    One wonders,  if Obama,  will ever consider the possibility that perhaps,  it is time to make some real spending cuts in the nation's budget especially in the area of entitlements.This would be the responsible course of action to take but thus far it seems, Obama, is rather allergic to being  responsible and sometimes considering the nation's debt is so so much more then even  Obama,  has the ability to count, perhaps that's why he accepts no accountability for it! Ben Bernanke, has already said he is now prepared to print money at the rate of 85 billion dollars a month while keeping interest rates at near record lows until such time as unemployment drops to 7.7 percent  or better.I can not say if  measures like these will cause a drop in the nation's unemployment rate to the desired 7.7 percent or not but one can be assured measures like these will indeed cause the worth of the American dollar to drop the the very point of collapse.
    As I compose these words and consider the economic future of all who may read them,I confess there are times when as a writer I wonder if the words of any one man can make any real difference as far as the the future of this nation is concerned. There are those days in fact when I am tempted to give up and willingly,  surrender the future of this country into  the hands of the ever ready lunatic liberals but right when I consider doing just that I look into the eyes of my beautiful daughter and my heart beats with new purpose and I remember these words from Everette Hale,  he said the following;"I am only one but I am one.I can not do everything but I can do something.What I can do, I should do and with the help of God, I will do." Based on these words then, I shall continue to write so others stronger and wiser  than I can find the courage to  continue to fight for the future of this nation and if there are those fellow patriots who ask for a greater inspiration than my words alone I would suggest, that they need only look into the eyes of there hope filled children, and this should provide all the the inspiration any true patriot,  could ever need to continue to fight. As always, my friends, these thoughts, remain, just, some words, to think on.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there are things they can do of course to fix our situation such as cutting spending, but there are special interest behind every dollar redistributed from Washington from both parties. Democrats at least actually "tax and spend" while republicans tend to put the debt on the nations credit card harming those that will inherit the future.
    So we have two choices, allow taxes to rise to actually reflect the spending our nation wants to commit to. Bush told europe he would build a missile defense shield and Obama finished the job, can't we actually charge for these products and services we provide?
    Being the worlds policeman cost $250 billion per year, for which no nation wants to pay for so the bill is put on the tab. We will give non profits $148 billion this year and because of the Bayh-Dole act we can not profit from our investments, so a complete waste of wealth and effort.
    Homeland Security is another $57 billion waste of wealth along with lots of other government programs, we could cut a trillion no problem but special interest rule Washington. In Washington there is no such thing as red vs blue, it's all about the gr$$n. Great Post and Happy Holidays to you and your family, Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You raise a good point bill no doubt there is enough blame to go around for both parties I know that those who are libertarian in the political views think that the US should get out of a lot of the countries that we are in but remember in some of these countries we are looking out for our own national security issues your an intelligent think it was a pleasure hearing from you God bless you.

      Delete