Wednesday, December 12, 2012

America Bashing, I'm Tired Of It!

    I grew up during the seventies. Disco,  was all the rage then and I can still remember the dark brown  seventies leisure suit I had and those silk shirts that no guy I knew could ever seem to manage to keep buttoned up. I suppose that was so one could show off some kind of gold chain or some other piece of outlandish jewelry. Yes,  I remember Disco but it was the music of the fifties and early sixties that I enjoyed my sister was eight years older than I was and they were her records. I still enjoy Elvis and the Beatles Chuck Berry,  I have to admit  to you though I am not a fan of much of today's music. I have noticed a growing trend in popular music today. It seems to be the latest craze for some rising star in the music industry to gain fame and notoriety in America,  and then once someone has this fame and notoriety then they use it to bash America. As I see it,  if an artist is willing to take America's  cash then they should shut up and sing and they shouldn't bash the country that feeds them.
    I have seen the media coverage of this so called music artist Psy.This pathetic excuse for a human being in one since owes his possible existence to America.He was able to grow up in South Korea, if it wasn't for many brave Americans,  at the close of 1953 there wouldn't even be a South Korea, your welcome Psy! Yet this same idiot has the nerve to stand in in South Korea in 2004 and because he thinks it's popular and hip to be against the war in Iraq that America was waging then, he writes a song bashing America, and regarding American soldiers, the lyrics to Psy's song went something like this, "Kill the Yankees kill them all slowly and painfully, kill their daughter's and their mothers and their mothers in law kill them all slowly and painfully kill them all.  Now that Psy,  has become famous and rich from taking America's money he wanted the prestige that comes from sing in front of the President so Psy ponied up an apology. He said he has learned the power that words can have and he is sorry if his words of protest in 2004 against the war in Iraq were misinterpreted. Can some one please tell me how some one misinterprets lyrics like kill their daughters and their mothers and mothers in law kill them all slowly and painfully kill them all? I t seems to me one would have to be pretty dense to misinterpret lyrics such as these.
    You know sometimes, I think the Libertarians may be right maybe America, should just pull out all of her troops all over the world and maybe America, should just tend to her affairs at home and just let the rest of the world fend for themselves Maybe the next time there is a natural disaster in Haiti or Japan, maybe Americans,  should just just stay home after all I didn't see other countries helping America when Katrina hit New Orleans or Sandy,  Hit New York And New Jersey and much if not most,  of the east coast.Americans,  won't do this however, because that's not who we are as a nation. I an not always proud of my country's president but I am Always proud to be an American. To all the Hollywood liberals and particular those in the movie and music industry I would say this if  you built your career here and you took  our American money shut your mouth or give the money back because I find your bashing of America,  anything,  but funny.As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jona,what do you mean when you say maybe sometimes the libertarians might be right? lol. I recall China shipping food to America and Vietnam offered aid as well, even Cuba offered to send Drs. We had 90 foreign nations offer aid to America. I agree with you, I just was shocked other nations offered help, I suppose the media didn't report on it very well but I do recall it was in the Wall Street Journal which is why I found out about it. Have a great day,bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the media did not make the public a ware of this but you must admit the Us of late is seldom praised or thanked for all the good she has done around the world over the years but the media it seems never misses a chance to bash America at evert turn any time the are given the chance and I get so tired of this America has her problems and she is not perfect but I'd still rather live here than anywhere else on earth! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete