Thursday, December 6, 2012

Can Real Values, Be Bought?

    I have noticed,  an all too  familiar and reoccurring phenomenon at my house. No matter what I do it seems that often,  everything in my house breaks down at the same time. I'll just bet,  that I'm not the only one who has this problem. Even now as I write this blog, I can think of five things that need to be fixed or replaced in my home but right at the moment, there just isn't any extra money to fix everything. My wife has a light out on her car dash board and to replace the light the entire ash board will need to be replaced at a cost of a mere 300.00 dollars. My computer table the part that you put your computer key board on  is literally being held together by fishing wire and that's because I don't have 200.00 dollars right now for a new computer table. My family and I has a light up fire place that we use at Christmas time  for a Christmas,  decoration two days ago, the light bulb burned out and the part can't be replaced. A new fire place decoration will cost at least 150.00 and that's if it's on sale. The speakers in my surround sound system are broke and need replaced but I don't have the 600.00 dollars need to replace them. Finally my recliner doesn't want to recline and is being held together by some strategically hammered nails. I could use a new one but I don't think I have an extra  450 to 600 dollars for a new one so these things will have to wait until  my next tax refund. I wonder if I asked the government to just bail me out and send a check for 3000.00 dollars to replace all of my broken things does any one that may read these words,really think that Obama,  would tell the US Treasury, to send me a check? Yeah me either.
    I realize,  that politics and corruption go together like peanut butter and jelly pork and beans  or a just washed car and a rainy day.Be that as it may When I heard Detroit Councilwoman Jo Ann Watson,  bluntly admit without the least bit of political innuendo that she fully expected Obama to bail out the nearly bankrupt city of Detroit, because in her words, her people,  helped Obama get reelected. I was amazed that she felt comfortable enough to be that frank and honest on camera. I suppose what I'm really wondering is is every politicians values bought and paid for? Are there any politicians left that do what they do for the good of the country and not because it happens to be politically convenient for themselves? I hate to say this but as I see it there is little wonder why some  people often think of  lawyers preachers politicians and prostitutes all in the same way because at seems at times that those who practice these professions will do anything for money. What this country needs to paraphrase a popular movie is a few good men and women. The only problem is I'm just not at all sure there are any left. As always, my friends these thoughts   remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment