Tuesday, February 19, 2013

One Family At A Time.

    Recently,  some family, obligations made it necessary for me  to take a break from  almost every aspect of my day to day routine. As much as I enjoy writing this blog, I felt the need to take some time off. This was very good for me on a personal level because  I discovered something,  I have almost let my self forget nothing I have to do or nothing I may like to do even if  I think it is something important nothing I do is more important then making time to spend with my family. My daughter came to me recently and said she needed my help with her home work and it was an essay assignment.. My daughter asked me if I could help her with her essay. It seems, writing an essay, is not not something my daughter finds easy for her to do and since she knew I enjoyed writing and that  some have said I have a way with words she thought perhaps I might be able to help her. As usual however,  her request for my assistance came when I was up to my eyeballs with various things to do and so I found my self being rather insensitive to her needs and almost without giving it a second thought I said to my daughter, "Honey daddy, is so busy right now can't you write your own paper? She replied,, " Yes, daddy, but I'm not as good at it  as you are I don't have your gift.""You must learn how to write on your own after all nobody helps me write when I compose a new topic for my blog." I was feeling so confident at that moment I was teaching my daughter to be self reliant at least that's what I told my self then as only children can do my daughter asked  me a question that demonstrated a wisdom well beyond her years. She asked, "Daddy, why do you write your blog? I replied," Because I enjoy it and because it's important to try to encourage good patriotic Americans,  all over the country to wake up and not take the freedoms we have in America, for granted,I' m trying to write my blog to do what I can to help save America, because I'm afraid America, won't last much longer as a nation if good people don't wake up soon."My daughter then asked, Daddy, isn't America, a big country with  millions of families in it?" Yes, I suppose so." I said. My daughter then then said these words. Daddy,America, can only be saved one family at a time and it's up to every family in America, to do what they can to save America.I know you want to help them daddy, but right now I need help that only you can give so could you stop what your your doing long enough and help save me from turning in a poor essay?" " After all, daddy, I'm in this family and I'm part of America,  too so since America,  can only be saved one family at a time could you please just start by having time to save me?"
    My daughters words,  were sharper than any knife could have ever been and her words indeed went through me and I immediately stopped ever thing I had been doing and gave her every suggestion I could think of to help her write her essay,It wasn't long before she composed her rough draft and then we went over it together and I helped her reword  a phase here and there and so she had written a fine essay. My daughter was right America,  will only be saved one family at a time.If I am to show my daughter what the traditional values are that made America,  great I must be sure to demonstrate those traditional values to her not just in words but in deeds as well. If one wishes to be a great American one might start by being a good parent for by striving to be a good parent one can do their part help save America, one family at a time. As always, my friends these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment