Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Are Republicans, Ready To Rally Or Retreat?

    With the looming threat of the sequester, now just hours away one can only imagine what will be accomplished by a least minute meeting between Obama and Senators Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi Mitch McConnell and House Speaker, John Boehner.It is notable that it is President Obama, who has called for this meeting no doubt to make a last ditch effort to cut a deal with the Republicans in the House and the Senate. I would venture to say, that some kind of deal in the form of a compromise will indeed be offered by President Obama, on behalf of the rest of the Democrats. The question then becomes, should Senator McConnell and speaker Boehner take deal?
    It is always, a good idea, I suppose, to at least hear the deal that Obama, on behalf of the Democrats will offer to the Republicans.. Speaking as a conservative however, I would hope that both Speaker Boehner and Senator McConnell,  would continue to reject any offer or deal  made by President Obama, that would include tax increases on the American people. Any reasonable and financially responsible person knows that that the  American people, don't need to be taxed more government needs to spend less. You will notice, that I said, any reasonable and financially responsible person already knows this basic truth and this is why I don't hold out much hope for any kind of a major budget reduction break through as a result of the coming meeting between Obama, Reid, Pelosi, McConnell and Boehner because lately, I haven't seen or heard of anyone in both parties of government that are reasonable or intelligent. I hate to break it down this way but Democrats are seldom reasonable and lately Republicans, have been anything but intelligent.    I will  respect Boehner and McConnell  much more if they choose to stand their ground and reject any deal offered by Obama,  Reid,  and Pelosi concerning the sequester that would involve further government taxes increases. I would hope,  that Boehner and McConnell absolutely insist,  on reasonable but realistic budget cuts. Yes, I know, that no matter what happens as a result of this pending meeting the Republicans,  will be blamed whatever the outcome  may be, that is I why I would tell both  Boehner and McConnell along with the rest of the Republicans if they are to be blamed for whatever they do, then for God's sake stand for something that will be worth taking the blame for say NO! to Obama,  as it pertains to the sequester if the he offers involves tax increases. Yes,  Republicans,  will be blamed and there is often a cost  when one chooses to stand but with that cost one can usually determine in this case what real men are made of and I must confess, I am left to wonder if there are any  real good men and women left in American government frankly,  I have my doubts. As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

1 comment:

  1. If there are no good people in elected positions whose fault is it, theirs for pulling the wool over our eyes while corrupting and surgically gerrymandering the system or ours for not bothering to even know who your governor or president is? I have friends who know who honey boo boo is but not the name of the president of America,that isn't important enough to know.Perhaps we share equal blame for not regularly throwing them rascals out.Bill

    ReplyDelete