Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Obama, A Man Of Few Words, Yeah Right!

     President Obama, has often received praise from both sides of the political isle for his ability to give a great speech.  Speaking,  as a person who has written a few speeches, I have to admit he has a definite talent when it comes to public speaking. I still recall how his inspirational speeches  left people almost spellbound during his 2008 presidential campaign. Lately however,  I find my self wondering where all the magic went in Obama's speeches.
    Oh one need not worry, Obama, hasn't lost his ability to speak and he still loves to talk. I can honestly say, I have never known a president  in my life time who loved to talk more then Obama,  does. When one thinks about it, what can one say about Obama, that he hasn't already said about himself or wouldn't say about himself given any opportunity to do so. Harpo Marx, was truly a man of few words however, that is one phase that will never be used when describing Obama, a man of few positive  economic results yes, a man of few words?  never!
    Obama's political style as far as running the government is concerned reminds me of an old country song that said, if wishes were horses beggars could ride. When it comes to making speeches Obama, truly is a man in love with the sound of his own voice and it's a shame really because if words  were money Obama, would pay off the national debt with one speech but mere talk is indeed,  cheap and that's one word that will never be used when describing the nations over whelming 16 trillion dollar debt. When comes to constant talking, I find that Obama's many words much like his ego and  the nation's  debt  both,  are never ending and ever increasing in fact, the only thing that has managed to grow smaller since Obama, took office is the size of the  average American taxpayer's pay check.
    I have no doubt that Obama's speeches will long be remembered by history not because Obama, says anything that this particularly memorable but because Obama, hasn't said anything  original in the last four years.When one thinks about it a speech,  is pretty easy to remember especially if one has heard it literally dozens of times over the last for years and if one doesn't have Obama's one speech memorized by now don't worry, The American people, have another four years to hear the same speech over and over again and I should think  that almost anyone should have Obama's one speech memorized by then. Oh,  in case you have never heard the speech it goes like this. The nation's economy  is sill in a ditch that's why we need to tax the rich and just to prove how much I care I'll make sure they pay their fair share. I've had four years but the economy,  is still the same and though I know that that's a shame we all know the House Republicans are the ones to blame.Ah yes, history will say of Obama, never has one man's words done so little for so many! As always my friends, these thoughts  remain, just,  some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment