Friday, October 26, 2012

Presidential? Please!

  I am far from a perfect man and in case you don't believe me, just ask my wife and I'm sure she will  back me up when I say I am very far from perfect. I am a very simple man and I have more than my share of faults. I will confess that I am often impatient and if I am tired or under too much stress some times all it takes is just one more thing to go wrong and then my temper sometimes gets the better of me and in a moment of anger and frustration I have been known to say something as a Christian,  I should not say. I truly regret it when I slip and say something that as a Christian, I know I shouldn't but when it happens I apologize to my family right away and then I pray and ask God to help me be a better man and a better influence for my family and a better Christian influence,  for those I may come in contact with from day to day.I am so grateful that I can seek God's forgiveness. I assure you, first John 1:9 has been a great comfort to me through out my life as a Christian
  I realize no one is a perfect.but at the same time I also know that when a person is placed in a position of leadership and expected  to be a positive influence on those around  them I am amazed that there are those who have little regard for the trust that has been placed in them. President Obama, recently spoke with Rolling Stone Magazine. No doubt the president is trying to appeal to the 18 -24 voting  demographic and he is aware of course that many young people who are 18 -24 more than likely read Rolling Stone Magazine. The president wants to appear to be able to relate to the societal views of of the nations college students and  certainly the president wants to perceived as the cool president and one supposes the president thought a interview with Rolling Stone would help him do just that.
  Obama, stated in the interview that Governor Mitt Romney, was a B S er only he said the actual words.I am not trying to appear to be holier than thou here but I would have thought a man with Obama's educational background more  specifically,  a Columbia University graduate  and a Harvard law professor and a person known for his great ability to speak with great eloquence could have used his vast vocabulary to find more fitting words to express himself and since I am more than convinced that he could have,  I must conclude,  he chose not to because he thought it would appeal to the college crowd and he would appear to be cool  if he used the the crude language of the street to express himself. I for one,  was not impressed. I was disappointed in the president but it it wasn't the first time. I was always taught that it was a sign that a person was educated if they didn't have to resort to four letter words to express themselves. The Bible says in Matthew 12 ;34 "O generation of vipers, how can ye being evil speak good things?" " For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh." One wonders if the president has gone in for a heart check up lately? I wonder if he talks this way in front of his daughters? I know I try my best to never talk that way in front of my daughter. When a president,  uses this kind of language to denigrate an opponent he actually denigrates himself. This kind of language can be called many things crude  course or the words of choice for the uneducated but to call this kind of language presidential? PLEASE!! As always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just, some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment