Monday, March 11, 2013

The Forgotten.

    Just when one  thinks  Obama's  ram  page with the infamous sequester, can't get any worse, now it appears that young men and women in the military will lose the benefit of tuition assistance and with no support from the government many brave young men and women will find it much harder to complete their education as a result many will be forced to wait much longer be fore they can plan for future military advancement. I feel if there are any group of Americans who deserve a break and a little help with their future it should be our young men and women in the military.
    I am not surprised, that our nations military were targeted in this way by the sequester. I just think that this is just another example of how our brave men and women go where they are told to go and do what they are told to do and many come back from the battlefield either crippled for life or dead or so  psychologically  and emotionally mixed up many, often wished they had died I still remember a story one of my sister's boyfriends,  told me after he arrived home after being shot in Da Nang Vietnam. He said he was walking through an air port dressed in his military uniform  and was repeatedly  spat upon by several long haired hippies who wanted him to know how much they hated him for obeying his draft order and going to Vietnam in the first place. I find out some time later that this same young man committed suicide he shot himself one night because he was so depressed he left a note that read," If I live or if I die either way I am among the forgotten."
    I have not forgotten and I never will When I think of the illegal aliens  in  this country at this very moment who are receiving  welfare and free health care and in many  cases a free college education while brave American military men and women are being told they will no longer receive tuition assistance from the very government many of them are at this very moment fighting for it literally, makes me sick! President Obama, just like President Clinton, says he feels the American people's pain that has been brought on from the sequester. He should because just like President Clinton Obama is causing most of it. As always my friends these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jon thanks for the heads up I hadn't heard about this,so the Army spends $373 million on this program and it will impact 200,000 people,sheesh. We give Israel $3 billion pr yr, and just gave Egypt over a billion, why can't we cut foreign aid? Why are we borrowing money from foreigners to give to foreigners, this is over $50 billion pr yr.Great post Jon,bill

    ReplyDelete