Wednesday, March 6, 2013

He Who Would Be God.

    I except to get criticized from time to time. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I certainly don't expect liberals to necessarily agree with me. What does surprise me however is that from time to time I am criticized and judged by some who are fellow conservatives and fellow Christians.It seems,  that some Christians think that the use of political satire is something a Christian should not do. All I can say is this,  I respect the  office that  a Congressman or Senator or A President,  may hold but doesn't mean that I necessarily respect the individuals who may occupy these positions. I use clever political commentary as a way to make my blog a bit more  humorous to   provoke thought. To my fellow Christians,  who find it necessary to judge me for this,  I would remind you of Matthew 7:1-2 it says the Following: " Judge not that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge it shall be measured to you again."I suppose not even every Christian conservative,  is going to necessarily agree with me and for those people I offer these words of Wisdom from Abraham Lincoln he said the following:" You can please some of the people some of the time all of  the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
    Now to the matter at hand,  I will make a human judgement  now and tell you that as a person who believes in the constitution and the right of freedom of speech and the basic  right of due process for every American citizen, I find Attorney General Eric Holders response to Senator Rand Paul's question as to whether or not the President has the Constitutional authority to use drones on American citizens disturbing to say the least not that this is any thing new for me for I often find anything  Attorney General Holder,  thinks to be disturbing be cause I think he is mentally disturbed!
    The idea, that any American, suspected of being a terrorist   could be killed with a drone attack based on the decision of Obama,  alone and subsequently have said drone attack  carried out by soon to be  CIA Director John Brennan,  with no trial to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that one such American, is indeed a terrorist goes against every principal of freedom this country was built upon.When Obama, or any one person can decide who lives or dies by their  one decision alone then  that person be comes a law unto themselves and answers then to no one and thus such a person then becomes God.
    This is not to say that hundreds of Americans are killed legally without the benefit of a trial  in this country everyday Abortion has been legal in this country for forty years now. Obama care proposes to let a panel   of non elected  individuals decide if certain folks among America's senior citizen population should be allowed treatment if said treatment is deemed too expensive to keep them alive. Just this week a nurse was suspended because  she refused to perform CPR  on an elderly resident because she said it went against the facility's policy because the facility and the nurses there were not licensed  by the California Board of Registered Nursing to preform CPR.I understand not wanting to be sued but as a nurse it was her duty to try to save that elderly resident's life the Good Samaritan law would have given her enough protection to at least try to save her life.
    The last sign of moral decay in any society is the devaluation of human life. America, is truly in a state of moral decay. Someone has said in a free society the people ultimately receive the government they deserve because they voted for it. One may not like Obama, as a President but he was,  duly elected by the people and I fear if America,  does fall as a result of many of his irresponsible moral and economic policies it may just be because God has decided America, has received,  what she deserves as always, my friends, these thoughts remain, just some words, to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment