Saturday, January 31, 2015

America A Nation In Need Of Integrity

  Over the last few years my daughter has been given a special assignment at her school. She has been asked to write an essay on integrity. I have noticed that each time she composes a new essay on integrity her basic definition of integrity may stay the same but her concept of it's real meaning has changed greatly. She understands that integrity is personal honesty and a definite reflection of an individuals character an understanding that I find many in America lack.
  One must ask themselves this basic question. Do I do what is right because it is right or because I'll get into some sort of trouble if I don't? As I Christian I know I must ask this question in my life on an almost daily basis. If one wishes to know the level of their integrity all one need do is ask ones self this question is there is anything I would do if I knew for sure that I could get away with it? As I see it if there is anything a person would do if they were sure they could get away with it means the only reason they don't is because they haven't yet thought of a foolproof way to pull it off!
  Consider this Christian do you obey the law only because if your caught not obeying the law you could go to jail? A Christian should seek to do that which is because it is right. The only possible exception I can find is if a law made by men goes against a law made by God. I believe abortion may just be one such law yet even then Christians are expected to obey the law a Christian can however speak out about such a law and seek for ways to get a law they deem to be unjust changed.
  It goes almost without saying that government in many aspects is filled with corruption. It has been my experience that every time I hear any politician talk about putting more money in my pocket I find that the only pockets that get filled are there own! What we have in the country now is a lack of old fashioned integrity. As long as politicians are more concerned about the next election as opposed to what is best for the county not a whole lot will change in this country as far as the government is concerned and I can assure you right now the government is only concerned for its self. Our government seems to operate on a mind over matter principal they don't mind because we don't matter! Can we find a politician that will do what is best for the country and not what is best for them? I have to say for now I don't know but I certainly pray that there may be one or two and that they may by all means please step forward soon!
  Before integrity can be learned it must be taught and like many moral values personal integrity begins at home! Children need to see integrity in the character of there parents and for Christian parents this really shouldn't be an issue I know we don't live in a perfect world and no one is perfect but as a Christian I know I must make an honest effort to demonstrate real integrity many aspects of my daughter's future depend on that. and I dare say America's future as a country in general will be decided on the foundation of her integrity. As always my friends these thoughts remain just some words to think on.

No comments:

Post a Comment